BerkelBike respects the privacy of visitors of its website, in particular, the rights of visitors with regard to the automated processing of personal data. Because of our complete transparency with our customers, we have therefore formulated and implemented a policy with regard to these processing operations themselves, their purpose, and the possibilities for those to exercise their rights.
Article 1: Legal provisions
- Website (hereinafter also “The website”): BerkelBike (https://berkelbike.com)
- The company responsible for the processing of personal data (hereinafter also “The administrator”): BerkelBike BV, established at Nieuwstraat 37, 5271 AC Sint-Michielsgestel, The Netherlands
Article 2: Access to the website
Access and use of the website are strictly personal. You will not use the data and information provided on it for commercial, political or advertising purposes, or for any commercial offers, and in particular, do not use it for unsolicited electronic offers.
Article 3: The content of the website
All brands, images, texts, comments, illustrations, (animation) pictures, videos, sounds as well as technical applications that have been used to make the website function and more generally all parts used by this website are protected by law by intellectual property rights. Any reproduction, repetition, use or adaptation, in any way whatsoever, of the whole or only a part thereof including the technical applications, without the prior consent of the responsible party, is strictly prohibited. If the administrator does not immediately take action against any infringement, this cannot be interpreted as tacit consent or waiving of legal proceedings.
Article 4: Management of the website
- To ensure proper management of the website, the administrator can at any time:
- Suspend or restrict the access to a certain category of visitors to all or part of the website
- Remove information that inhibits the proper functioning of the website or is in violation of the national and/or international law or with internet-etiquette
- Perform updates that temporarily make the website unavailable
Article 5: Responsibilities
The administrator is in no case responsible for failures, malfunctions, difficulties or interruptions of the functioning of the website, as a result of which the website or one of its functions is not available. The manner in which you seek connection with the website is your own responsibility. You must take appropriate measures to protect your equipment and your data against, among other things, virus attacks on the internet. You are also responsible for the websites and the data you consult on the internet.
Article 6: Collecting data
- Your data is being collected by BerkelBike BV and (an) external processor(s). Personal data consists of: all information about an identified or identifiable natural person who can be immediately identified through an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identificatory or one or more elements characteristic of the physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity.
- The personal data that is collected on the website is mainly used by the administrator and our distributors (Trikes New Zealand and Recumbent & Specialised Cycling) to ensure a working relationship with you, providing services and if necessary for the processing of your orders.
Article 7: Your rights with regards to your data
Pursuant to article 13 paragraph 2 sub the GDPR, everyone has the right to inspect and rectify or erase his personal data or limit the processing concerning him, as well as the right to object to the processing and the right to data portability. You can exercise these rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every request to this end must be accompanied by a valid proof of identity, including a signature and an address that can be used to contact you. You will receive an answer within 1 month after the request. This period can be extended to by 2 months, depending on the complexity of the request and the number of requests.
Article 8: Processing personal data
In case of violation of any law or regulation, of which the visitor is a suspect and for which the authorities need personal data collected by the administrator, these will be provided to them after an explicit and motivated request from those authorities, after which these personal details will no longer be under the protection of the provisions of this privacy statement.
If certain information is necessary to gain access to certain functionalities of the website, the person responsible will indicate the mandatory character of this information at the time of the request.
Article 9: Commercial offers
It is possible that you receive commercial offers from the administrator. If you wish to stop receiving these offers, please email email@example.com.
If you encounter any personal data while visiting the website, you must refrain from collecting it or from any other unauthorized use as well as from any act that violates the personal privacy of the person. The administrator is in no way responsible in the above situations.
Article 10: Storage period of the data
The data collected by the administrator are used and stored for the duration that is determined by law.
Article 11: Cookies
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Google analytics (analytical cookie)
- Facebook (tracking cookie)
- Google AdWords (tracking cookie)
Functional cookies: including session and login cookies to keep track of session and login information.
Analytical cookies: to get an insight into the use of our website based on amounts of visit, popular pages, and subjects. This way we can better tailor communication and information provided to the needs of visitors on our website. We cannot see who visits our website or from which PC the visit takes place.
Tracking cookies: includes advertising cookies intended for showing relevant advertisements. Personal interests can be derived from the information about visited websites. This allows organizations to show their website visitors targeted advertisements. Tracking cookies make it possible to create profiles of people and treat them differently. Personal data is usually processed using tracking cookies.
Article 12: Visual material and offered products
No rights can be derived from the visual material belonging to the offered products on the website.
Article 13: Applicable Law
Dutch law applies to these conditions. The court of domicile/ place of residence of the administrator is exclusively competent in any disputes concerning these conditions, except when a legal exception applies to this.
Article 14: Contact
For questions, product information or information about our website, please contact Rik Berkelmans, firstname.lastname@example.org, +31 (0)40 402 10 22.
Consumers mostly take our products and services through Trikes New Zealand and Recumbent & Specialised Cycling. These distributors are no part of BerkelBike BV. BerkelBike BV is not responsible for the handling of consumer data by Trikes New Zealand and Recumbent & Specialised Cycling. Trikes New Zealand and Recumbent & Specialised Cycling are responsible for the consumer data they provide to BerkelBike regarding the sale of BerkelBike products.
When completing forms on our website or phone us (for the purchase of a BerkelBike product), consumer data at BerkelBike BV can be registered by ourselves, Trikes New Zealand, Recumbent & Specialised Cycling or the consumer himself. When visiting one of BerkelBike’s websites, data is also collected. This data includes IP address, the data of the device used, and the viewed items. Even if you contact BerkelBike, this will often lead to the processing of personal data. Consider the request for a free test ride, information requests for service and warranty requests.
Which personal data do we collect?
BerkelBike uses personal data for:
- Support and service to the consumer and distributor, as well as for the execution of various agreements including those between the consumer and distributor and, where applicable, the agreement between BerkelBike and the consumer.
- Marketing, such as newsletters and the targeted display of advertisements and products via Google Adwords, social media channels, and third-party websites.
- Carrying out analyses to optimize products and services.
How long do we store consumer data?
BerkelBike B.V. processes data as long as is necessary for the purpose of the data. This may depend on the consumer cancellations, such as our newsletter. In principle, data is not erased so that we can assess any complaints or new contact recordings based on applications from the past. If you want your data erased from our system, please contact email@example.com.